Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Piano Perfection!

I've seen posters up for a series of piano concerts by people with impressive sounding names! I've never heard of the pianists, but there's an impressive array of composers they're going to play: Schubert, Bach, Chopin, Brahms and Schumann to name but a few. The performances are on Fridays at 8pm for some of October, at least, and tickets are on sale at www.ticketsoxford.com. It's £9 full or £6 for concession.

It's definitely worth checking out, although I must admit, I find that piano performances don't give me the same feeling as hearing an orchestra play or a choir filling the air with harmony in the Sheldonian. It's always quite hard to see the pianist's expression, and there's only one person to watch.

Still, for a relaxed evening, it's definitely worth checking out. Certainly beats the noise and sticky popcorn-ness of the cinema, just as a one-off.

No comments: