Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Art Achievements

As a kid, I used to love art: drawing, painting, sketching, modelling - just making a mess and being creative. Now, it's really hard to find the time to do things like that, but the other day I saw someone sitting on Broad Street painting a watercolour of Oxford, and it made me really want to start up again.

I had a quick browse on the internet for shops selling art materials, as I was only really aware of The Works. Whilst I didn't find much in the way of information on shops, I did find a list of art clubs in Oxford. Most seem to be run by Lisa Jayne Art Studio in Chipping Norton, but they're on at a variety of different times and buses run there, so I think I might check them out.

If anyone else is interested, there is:

- Painting and Drawing
- Watercolour
- Creative art for 5-8 year-olds.

I really want to go to the creative art one, but I'll try to resist!

Rumour has it that the Ruskin School of Art (part of Oxford University) does life drawing classes, but information is scarce and I have a feeling it might not be for amateurs like me!

No comments: